Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Not Quiting My Day Job, BUT....

I got a call yesterday afternoon from a guy that runs a poet writers forum. I've done some business with him in the past, and have, a few times anyway, drug Mark with me to an open mic night that he has put on for poets to get a chance to try out their poems and get some experience in reading and performing them in front of a "friendly" crowd.  Anyway, he calls me yesterday to see if I can perform later that night with 4 other REAL poets.  I guess someone canceled on him last minute and was looking for someone with a little "different' voice.  

Great, who doesn't want to be the "different" poet.  Is that anything like the "token" homo?

Needless to say I was both excited and nervous as HELL! The guy gave me 12 minutes to read anything I wanted, and afterward there would be a question/answer session with all of the poets and then an after show party.  I completely freaked out!  I had less than 5 hours to finish a project I was working on AND figure what the FUCK I was actually going to pick to read AND practice my delivery!  I really just couldn't pass it up, though.  I mean, I doubt I will ever actually be a writer/poet but, this was a chance to be heard with a real audience that was expecting to hear from a real poet, not just some slump on an open mic night.  

Fucking Mark, per usual, wasn't around, so I forced a couple of my friends (Mark is always supportive, but these guys were not happy) to come along for support, and did my reading.   It was unbelievably nerve wracking!  I was third to go, and the two before me were real polished and real serious.  I wasn't so much worried about the content of some of my poems, as it was an adult enough of an audience and I wouldn't be the first to throw out some blue language, but my stuff is a bit more fun oriented and a little more rhythmic and lyrical, not so stoic and/or angry or delivered so staccato like.  One was sort of a big bull dike looking chic, that seemed super angry and, definitely didn't seem real high on the male gender much.  When she came off, she kinda grunted and growled at me. When I smiled at her, she told me to FUCK OFF.  Needless to say,  she frightened me a bit.

I'm sitting back stage, one friend slumped down as if he's napping and the other just fidgeting about, seeing if there are any cute boys in the audience, when the dude that invited me starts in on my intro.  I start sweating bullets as he really starts hyping me up (dude totally wants in my pants, btw), telling the audience that I'm fairly new poet with a fun, lyrical voice, on and on... Needing it to stop, out I go, completely embarrassed and ready to just get it over with already.  

You guys need to understand, I'm a pretty normal guy; I'm not artsy or flamboyant, nor am I the typical angry poet full of piss and vinegar. I'm just me, full of smiles and a bit of a kooky sense of humor with a love for words and rhymes.  So I go out there, HUGE fucking smile on my face, a little taken aback by the size of the audience and a blaring light right in my eyes, where I take my seat on a small stool.  Thank GOD I have a drink in my hand, as we all need a little extra courage sometimes, and I stand, to get out of the blaring light, take a sip and put it down on the stool.  From there, no place to go but forward, so, I started in on my first poem.  I started safe with some stuff I wrote back in college, and increased the sexuality as I went along, sorta feeling out the crowd.  People seemed to warm up to me pretty fast, and laughed where I hoped they would, so I flipped through some stuff and came to "soul to see" and went from there with newer stuff I've been writing for my blog.  As I got to the "steamer" stuff, both of my friends ears perked up a might, which was nice to see.  Feeling comfortable with the response, I also did, "Ode to Spartan", "I'm pregnant", "Home on the Range" and I ended the night with  "DYN-OOH-MITE".  As I did some of these racier poems, I also took a little time to go through some of my sexuality stick, which got a ton of laughs.  I think I might have run a couple minutes over, but everyone seemed fine with it, as I wrapped things up.  

Needless to say, the question/answer session was pretty interesting.  One real pretty girl just couldn't quite believe I was gay, so she actually had to ask me, straight out.  Oye, she seemed so sad when I answered her.  There were several boys frowning, when I added I had a boyfriend.  

I doubt anything will actually come of this, and, believe me, I'm not giving up my day job, but it was such a great experience and something that has really gotten my creative juices flowing again.  I've been feeling a little bit of a writer's block as of late, so I hope this will motivate me to get some new and better material for next time.

I hope everyone knows, what a huge help all the positive feed back from what I have written these past few months has done and meant to me.  Much of what I presented has been created with this blog in mind, so it would never have been written without you.  Without Spartan, would "Ode to Spartan" even exist?  Without Corey Jo's warmth when I was feeling down about not having kids, would I ever of thought of "I'm Pregnant"?  All the great poems that FFB has written me, has always motivated me to create and do more with what I am doing. And sweet, anonymous Denis, who actually said my writing "isn't all bad", THANK YOU, I needed that!

Sorry for the long winded self-suck, but wanted to share.  See below for some great pics, and have a FANTASTIC time!  

Also, I have another sorta fun experience/happening that I have been holding out on you  all with, but I plan to post that one tomorrow.  It's also a bit long, so bring your reading glasses!























8 comments:

  1. Rafa on the stand delivering the lines! does it get any better than that? excellent stuff mate, real top quality, shoulda told them they had to laugh at all your one liners or Spartan woulda had them down in the cellar to discover their inner selves!

    Great pics too, what one's my fave today? tartan shirt guy bending over displaying his brown box is real hard to beat my silver tongued charmer!

    lotsa love Spartan X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rafa Sir,
    Congrats on a job well done.I believe your mission in life is to bring joy & laughter to the lives you touch. What better way than through humor and sex?

    Fuck that Bitch, she's just mad because your ass looks better than hers!

    All the photos are fabulously delicious, but I gotta say my fav today is #6 with the tats and the piercing. Throw me down and fuck me, flip me over and do it again baby!!

    ღღ
    CoreyJo

    ReplyDelete
  3. God love you, Spartan; you've always got my back! No need for cellar this time, even the grouchy dike started to ease up a bit; I think she actually smiled at me once!

    I'm right with you on the tartan shirt boy, with his ripe, round cheeks, full, bloated ball sack and the crack of his ass just grinning a toothless sideways grin; that gets me charged UP!

    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Corey Jo, but my mission in life is to get my rocks off as often and as hornily(?) as humanly possible; giving laughter and an orgasm to others is just getting my cock and eating it too.

    Granted, my ass is definitely hotter than hers, but, I ain't fucking that nasty ol' bitch with my ten foot pole wrapped up tight in a condom made from duct tape and slathered in a sheen of vinegar.

    Again with the fucking? Oh, Corey Jo, if only you had a dick...after the fucking and flipping and fucking again, you could fuck ME, flip ME and FUCK Me right back at me; we'd be a fucking, flipping circus of dick and cum! But, alas, if wishes were fishes, then, surely, Sailor Sam would have already done the dishes and you could skip the net entirely and ride his big, fat horse of a cock and be done with it all.

    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rafa, believe me, you have a NATUARL ability to take words and put them to verse or rhyme and that is not easy no matter what anyone says. Whether it be sweet prose or as vulgar as fuckin' vulgar can be, getting a laugh or attention to a writing can be an uplifting experience. It is too bad your love was not there to give you support but I believe he was there in spirit. And as I said months ago " Not bad at all " , it is now more than that because you had the intestinal fortitude to rise up to the stage and let people hear what you have to say. Forget about the big fucked up bitch or any other heckler, cause the best way to get back is to turn it around on THEM and WOW! won't that frost their mother fuckin' ass when everyone laughs at them. HAHA! I beleive you were nervous but that is natural even for some of the most experienced.
    Thanks for the kind words, don't give up if this may be an avenue for something you aspire. I keep reading your rhymes and those who write in support you. I like your pics of the day and especially that of Alex in the last one who is pointing his hard prick at my yap. I'd love to suck it! Take care and talk to you later.


    Denis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denis, the bad part of being hung like the elephant Hannibal, himself, rode long and hard as he crossed over and into Italy, is my memory is as big and as thick as my dick!

    The reality is that I REALLY appreciate your honesty, and what it did for me was to push myself to get better and polish what I was doing. Getting your approval since has meant the world to me, and is a big reason I had(and will have) the confidence to get up there and say my words and, hopefully, move people in some way.

    I love your spirit, Denis! Never give up your piss and vinegar and I promise to keep hoping and opening any damn door that comes my way.

    And your right about the Alex pic, he's got a beautiful smile to go along with that right, hard cock of his, too.

    Bless you, Denis--

    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rafa, once again I am proud of you! You definitely have a lot of talent, in many ways.

    Love you, FFB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, FFB, you are always motivating me to do more with my words, and for that, I cannot thank you enough.

    However, for my other talents, writhing about like a whore with the back of my thighs pointing up to the skies, paying homage to THE MAN above so wise, may bring me and my lover to the heights of Heaven, but can only lead me to Hell's fire below with my ass in a hammock getting fucked with ceramic.

    ReplyDelete